The United States Chamber of Commerce is the “world’s largest business organization representing companies of all sizes across every sector of the economy.”
The local Chamber of Commerce offices listed below exist to support small businesses in our rural community.
Charleston – https://www.charlestonchamber.com/ The Charleston Chamber of Commerce is an independent, not-for-profit corporation chartered in 1919, responsible for promoting the economic climate in the greater Charleston, Illinois area.
Mattoon – http://www.mattoonchamber.com/ The Mattoon Chamber of Commerce exists to build a strong community of business owners in the community. The Chamber looks to create an environment where business owners can succeed and grow.
Effingham County – https://www.effinghamcountychamber.com/ The Effingham County Chamber of Commerce envisions itself as a recognized advocate and regional leader for Chamber Members through maximized business connectivity, growth, and success. The Chamber of Commerce creates connections that strengthen member businesses and stimulate regional prosperity.
Tuscola – https://tuscola.org/ The Tuscola Chamber of Commerce exists to encourage and promote expansion and retention of business and industry within the area of Tuscola, Illinois. The chamber also hopes to give guidance and advice to business, local government, and community groups regarding economic and community development activities.
Paris – https://www.parisilchamber.com/ The Paris Chamber of Commerce is an information center meant to serve as the ambassador of the community to promote it as a great place to live, work, and play.
Arcola – https://www.arcolachamber.com/ – The Arcola Chamber of Commerce promotes and supports the growth of businesses, population infrastructure, and services. The Chamber of Commerce looks to create and convey a positive brand associated with Arcola by showcasing community strengths to unify the community.
Sullivan – https://www.sullivan-chamber.com Sullivan Chamber of Commerce- The Sullivan Chamber & Economic Development (SCED) works with the City of Sullivan and Moultrie County to ensure that the area is a great place to live, work, and play. The SCED Chamber Committee creates promotions, events, and training opportunities for its members.
SBA: Created in 1953, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) continues to help small business owners and entrepreneurs pursue the American dream. The SBA is the only cabinet-level federal agency fully dedicated to small businesses and provides counseling, capital, and contracting expertise as the nation’s only go-to resource and voice for small businesses.
U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration (EDA) plays a critical role in facilitating regional economic development efforts in communities across the nation.
COVID-19 Business Toolkit
- Guidance For Employers: How to plan and respond to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Workplace Tips: Tips and resources for employers to combat the virus.
- Corporate Aid Tracker: How businesses are helping nationwide.
- Resilience In A Box: A toolbox to help businesses put a plan in place (created by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation in partnership with the UPS Foundation)
- Disaster Assistance Loans: The SBA is offering loans for small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Additional Resources: Including consolidated, business-specific guidance from the CDC.
- Interim Recommendations For Facilities With Suspected/Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Key EPA Resources On COVID-19
- Survey On Business Impact: Results from the American Chamber of Commerce in China.
- U.S. Chamber Foundation / CDC Webinar
- COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide